View Single Post
Old 10-04-2007, 07:35 AM   #34
dalmations202
Diamond Member

dalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond reputedalmations202 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by MavsX
how much time apart are you guys talking about?
UL told you the correct answer, but I'll give you mine anyway.

For me, it was two weeks. I spent two weeks on a hillside where I saw very few people (thanks to Uncle Sam -- National Guard), and I prayed about it alot, and had lots of time to think away from the normal troubles and problems. I also had no contact with her -- she was PO'd. God told me that she was the one, and I decided that I just really didn't want to spend the rest of my life without her, so 5 days after I got back, I asked her to marry me. 16+ years and 6 kids later, she is the one thing in my life that I don't ever think about changing.

No, I am not her "knight in shining armour" anymore, and she is not my "trophy model" anymore -- but we grew together as one ---- as it should be.

I can honestly say that my relationship with Jesus is the only thing more important to me than my wife. This includes kids, parents, siblings, friends, job, and my life.

Back to your question about how much time. I would suspect that within two weeks, you would know that you either can't see yourself without her- so you might as well make it permanent, or she really isn't the one- so why are you wasting your time looking for love here when you know that she isn't the one.

(Everyone is looking for love -- some love money, some sex, some drugs, some various things -- but everyone is looking for Love)

** Just a note, some people understand that God is Love.

"A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have". Gerald Ford

"Life's tough, it's even tougher if you're stupid." -John Wayne

There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty:
soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order.
-Capt. Bob "Wolf" Johnson
dalmations202 is offline   Reply With Quote