View Single Post
Old 08-23-2011, 11:12 PM   #2766
orangedays
Platinum Member

orangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant futureorangedays has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
Sam Rockwell, for my money, is THE most underrated actor in Hollywood. You would have known coming in he'd have the chops to pull it off if you'd seen him in "Snow Angels", "Jesse James", and "Confessions of a Dangerous Mind". "Moon" is one my favorite films, amazing.
I saw him in Jesse James, thought that was a great movie. The younger Affleck is underappreciated - he had a blowout 2007 (Jesse James, Gone Baby Gone and Ocean's 13), then real quiet. I'll have to add the other two to my list. Maybe the real reason I have a tough time taking Rockwell seriously is because I keep seeing him in that damn Galaxy Quest jumpsuit (guiltily confess to liking that movie).

Quote:
I was disappointed in "Source Code" (it was Duncan Jones, the director of "Moon", second film). The end was really weak IMO. Just made no sense and felt tacked on for the sake of avoiding a "dark" ending, which I really hate.
Bingo, another reason why I felt let down by it. That and the musical score...way over the top. Jones should have Nowitzness advise on their next film.
orangedays is offline   Reply With Quote