View Single Post
Old 05-10-2006, 10:04 AM   #91
sike
The Preacha

sike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond reputesike has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101 6 7
Ditto. Mavs are tough.

I wouldn't have believed how much nad a single person could bring to an organization if I hadn't seen Mario Ellie bring it to SA; AJ has done that for Dallas.

Also, much as the Spurs were built to beat the Lakers, this Dallas team is built to beat the Spurs; they also have the benefit of having watched Sacramento just ABUSE the Spurs interior, and the players to somewhat duplicate that philosophy.

I did not give the Mavs enough credit in the regular season for how well, when healthy, they match up with the Spurs, and I have given the Spurs too much credit as to being able to "flip a switch" and turn up the intensity.

The Mavs look hungry, the Spurs look indifferent; comfortable, and ready to be beat (amazingly except for Tim - the one player whose legacy is already assured, but I guess that's why).

Next: Game 3.

I'm not ready to write the Spurs off, or crown the Mavs. Nor can I say game 2 was simply an abberation and the Spurs will dominate the rest of this series.

I have seen the Spurs get waxed in the playoffs in at least one game in 3 of their past 4 series; and have eventually won each of those series, so I have some reassurance there; but am I ready to predict that for THIS series. No.

That being said, do I think the Mavs have the Spurs number, and the Spurs won't simply bounce back and take game 3? Nope.

I honestly don't know what is going to happen in this series; I guess that's why they play the games.
wow, what an amazingly honest thread from a fan. very nice sir, I thought only a select few of us Mavs fans could speak so honestly about our team....especially after a loss.
I agree with you that your team has some matchup problems with the Mavs. But this dog fight has only just begun...the Mavs just had the first good game in the series.

ok, we've talked about the problem of evil, and the extent of the atonement's application, but my real question to you is, "Could Jesus dunk?"
sike is offline   Reply With Quote