View Single Post
Old 09-08-2003, 02:42 PM   #50
jayC
Diamond Member

jayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nicejayC is just really nice
Default Doc's Shots......Cowboys Season Opener vs. Atlanta

Qcard is just average he doesn't do anything that makes you think hes great. Bryant for god sake an illegal motion negated a 48 yard pass to joey. I know you want to give galloway an A but remember the reverse that he coughed up and ended a drive prematurely at the end of the second quarter.

I agree their were a lot of negatives in the game. But their were a lot of positives I remember that great catch bryant made at the 2 or 3 minute point at the end of the third quarter it was incredible. Terry Glenn well he played like a 6th round pick one catch the entire game.

Qcard come on quit the indeciseviness. Either run or don't for goodness sake what that drive where he was about to run for a big gain and then through it off his backfoot. He was bad but not as bad as Jake Plummer 21.7 qb rating thank god we didn't sign him to a huge deal.

Coaching was masterful at times puzzling the next. I know you want qcard to manage the game but come on let him loose a little. Too many times we would run on second down and get stopped in our tracks. Too many times we would throw a screen pass and not get the first down. Field position is great big plays are much better.C+

Special teams I am sorry if i am so unimpressed. No big game breaking returns when this team clearly needs one or two plays. A missed extra point , a missed field goal. How many games is cundiff going to lose for us this year. We would have had a big momentum boost with a 13-7 score at the end of the half, with so many bumbles.

4th quarter managment a time out with 2:01 to play in the game, the cowboys would have had three time outs plus the two minute warning. Come on.

Richie Anderson- let me get this straight the guy can't block, he holds a guy and he still gets to the quarterback.
Avion Cason was great why didn't he get more carries. This guys a playmaker at least on third down. Hambrick was avg at best 43 yards for the day on the ground. Is it me or was the qb to runningback exchange disasterous.

Finally the defense at times in the first half stifling holding the falcons even without mike vick to a field goal. Defensive backfield with williams, woody and newman were all solid. The unit as a whole C.

Offensive line- was stellar in the first half. But pressure by the falcons Dline forced bad plays for the cowboys including not getting any points when you are at the one yard line at the end of the game.

Hidden yardage didn't the cowboys have 209 yards at the end of the half yet the only had 7 points come on wheres the 14 points when you need them. Bad false starts, bad pass interference penalties cost us big plays on offense and defense.
jayC is offline   Reply With Quote