View Single Post
Old 08-05-2001, 04:48 PM   #1
MavsFanFinley
Guru

MavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond reputeMavsFanFinley has a reputation beyond repute

Associated Press

MIAMI -- Kendall Gill, the free-agent swingman who averaged 9.1 points and 4.2 rebounds for New Jersey last season, signed with the Miami Heat on Sunday.

Terms of the deal were not disclosed.

Gill was limited to 31 games last season because of a bone spur in his right knee that required surgery.

The 33-year-old player has averaged 15 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3.4 assists and 1.7 steals during an 11-year career, the last five with the Nets.

"I'm still capable of everything I used to do," Gill said. "I was playing very well up until my knee injury last year. I thought that might have been the best season of my career."

He tied an NBA record in 1999 with 11 steals against Miami.

"Kendall brings a new dimension to this team," Heat coach Pat Riley said. "He's an athletic presence who is a proven scorer and an excellent defender."

Gill, who played at Illinois, was drafted fifth overall by Charlotte in 1990, and played three seasons and part of a fourth with the Hornets. He also played two seasons for Seattle.