View Single Post
Old 12-10-2011, 11:04 AM   #18
jthig32
Lazy Moderator

jthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond reputejthig32 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I think saying you don't see much chance is being generous because I see zero chance to be honest. If you let Tyson Chandler walk because you think overpaying him $3 million/year kills your financial flexibility, why does overpaying Turkoglu $5 million-$6 million a year in order to land Howard make sense? Because these 6 players alone are going to cost you $65 million next year (and that's being conservative and assuming Howard only resigns for $20 million):

-Dirk
-Howard
-Turkoglu
-Marion
-Brewer
-Dominique

That's after amnestying Haywood, trading Roddy, trading/not extending a qualifying a offer to Rudy, trady/not re-signing JET, not re-signing Kidd, and not re-signing Mahinmi.

That puts you at $65 million already, and we haven't even gotten to the point where we are filling the rest of the roster. Brandan Wright has a team option that I think floats around $1 million, which I think you would be stupid not to take at that point. It sounds like Carter has a multi-year deal, but I'm not sure what it will be for so he'd probably be on your roster at that point, but I'm not going to speculate at what price. So seems to me like you are going to be stuck handing out minimum contracts after those 8 guys.

Are we ready to go to war with that?
????

Dude if you have a chance to add a top five player in the NBA (and many, MANY people would argue the 2nd best player), you do it.

Why would you not re-sign Kidd or anyone else that's not traded?

You'd basically plug Howard and Turkoglu into whatever is left on your roster and you do freaking backflips of joy.

The line of veterans to play with Dwight and Dirk would be a mile long. You're talking about one of the greatest front court pairings in the history of the NBA.

I'm very confused by your stance here.

Mavs Net Ratings By Game
(Using BRef.com calculations for possessions, so numbers are slightly different than what you'll see on NBA.com and ESPN.com

Last edited by jthig32; 12-10-2011 at 11:23 AM.
jthig32 is offline   Reply With Quote