View Single Post
Old 09-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #73
SeanL

SeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these partsSeanL is infamous around these parts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy3 View Post
How did the magical cutoff become 4 weeks? Of course I read your post. I don't agree with it.
That is an example. According to Roe v. Wade the government can't put restrictions on abortion up to the first trimester (12 weeks). And it is a scientific fact that embryos are not capable of any sort of significant sentient thought at that point because their brain is grossly underdeveloped.

You may not "agree with it" but those are the facts, and while you are entitled to your own opinion you are not entitled to your own facts.

Quote:
It's odd.. What is legalizing abortion? It's a justification for not wanting to take responsibility. It's sugar coating something horrific to justify someone that's unwilling to take responsibility for their actions (yes, I know there are a few exceptions to this such as rape). It's so unbelievable that we live in a time where something that is as barbaric as slavery is actually allowed by law. And yes, it is a horrific stain on mankind. Slavery was a horrific stain on America's past.. Abortion is a horrific stain on mankind. It is not a progressive issue. It is not "women's rights". Again, that is nothing more than a facade... and a pathetic justification.
So you want to use children as a sort of punishment? Using children as a form of punishment is sick. And why does a woman having sex deserve to be punished? Is there something wrong with women having sex purely for pleasure?

And having an abortion in the first trimester is about as awful as using the pill. No sentient being is being killed in either instance.

Quote:
I know alot of women feel guilty after an abortion. Good. They should feel guilty for the rest of their lives.
But most don't, or at least don't have any lingering psychological effects according to a scientific study:
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/jan...rtion-20110127

Last edited by SeanL; 09-21-2012 at 08:37 PM.
SeanL is offline   Reply With Quote