View Single Post
Old 09-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #38
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

Last night I gave up on my football team and that team's QB.

No, not in a way where I don't still care like crazy (my ring finger on my right hand feels like its broken after I punched the bar of my weight set post-Revis interception). Not in a way where I won't be there every single time they suit up hoping like hell they win.

No, this is simply me firmly knowing who my team is. My team is the group of guys that can beat ANYONE on any given Sunday due to the sheer talent on this roster; however, my team is also the group of guys that will more often than not find a way to lose due to stupidity and mental ineptness. I said it last year. A coaching change fixed nothing. We are DUMB. We are STUPID. Well, Romo is for sure.

You just simply can NOT do that. YOU CAN NOT DO THAT. You can NOT run for the endzone with the ball loosely held in one arm when a FG wins the game and fumble. You can NOT call 2 straight pass plays from the 1 yard line (told you that mentality from Garrett wasn't going anywhere btw). You can NOT let a guy breeze right through the middle of your punt protection to block your kick and ultimately tie it up. You most certainly can't attack Revis with as stupid of a throw as Romo has ever tossed with less than a minute to go on your 41 yard line driving for a winning FG.

This is who Romo is. This is who the Cowboys are. They are a team full of good to great players that regularly play stupid and mistake-laden football. A team that shows tremendous promise only to eventually step on the hearts of their fans, kick us squarely in the nuts and, finally, piss on us just for the smell factor.

This group will NEVER win a ring with Romo as the leader. I felt the same way about the Mavs (and Dirk) after the first Miami series ended and they overwhelmingly proved me wrong. I was ECSTATIC! I found that crow was the best tasting bird I had ever had the opportunity to eat. Hopefully Tony and the Cowboys can serve me up a dish as well; however, after last night (and as all of us know that have religiously watched Dallas play, last night was the tip of the iceberg), the odds don't look good.

There was a lot of positive to go around before Romo pulled a Romo and it is unfair for me not to mention any of it in this post. Great contributions from Witten, Dez, Ware, Lee, 3rd/4th/5th-string CBs tossed into the fire, and many others that I don't fully care enough right now to mention. Many of them contributed so admirably and deserved better than this. They smell like piss from Romo's golden shower much more than we fans do.

Like in baseball and all group sports, you win as a team and you lose as a team. Romo wasn't the ONLY reason we lost. Hell, it could EASILY be argued that anyone else behind center doesn't have us up 2 TDs in the 4th quarter against a team that has gone to the AFC Championship game 2 years in a row (and with us missing several key guys throughout the game).

Then again, if there was a quarter-by-quarter WAR-like statistic, Romo's line chart would look like the stock market just before it crashed several years back - as would many of his historic losses. The sad thing is that his promise from games where his line chart would look like a V with great play late in the 4th shows he has the ability to be successful in those situations. Unfortunately he is stupid, so his talent all too often gets stepped on by his lack of good decision making.

To encompass Tony I will use a line from one of my favorite comedians with a little twist on his wording: That boy's got a whole lotta choke in him.

Last edited by Male30Dan; 09-12-2011 at 11:34 AM.
Male30Dan is offline   Reply With Quote