View Single Post
Old 09-17-2012, 11:57 PM   #40
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

I think "MSM" is a myth. I don't think there is a mainstream media anymore. I can't remember the last time I watched an evening news program on the "Big Three," and I'm sure I'm not alone. I also haven't taken the paper, not for at least ten years. This is not to say I don't get my news, of course. I certainly get my news. But I get it where I want it. As does most everyone these days, I am sure.

In fact, that's another reason why I think the electorate is becoming more and more polarized the last few cycles, with the "undecideds" shrinking. We tend to seek out news/analysis that matches our dispositions. And there is plenty to be found, on both sides. It is really a rare, rare person that both A) cares deeply about politics, and B) is undecided. Most of the undecided vote is people who just don't really care a lot.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote