View Single Post
Old 10-06-2002, 10:20 PM   #29
Drbio
Banned

Drbio is an unknown quantity at this point

RANDONM THOUGHTS IN NO PARTICULAR ORDER....

James Francis was a huge stud. The man was a beast on the field.
AEx- he was in fact from Baylor.

Look guys...I already said he played a decent game. I'm just not ready to annoint him as the saviour of this team like many of you are. And the fact is..I've been saying all along that he can't hit the long ball. He didn't do too much today to change my mind.

Pepper- I do fault him for not making that pass. Had he completed it..we win. It's his job to complete that pass and he failed. I expect him to make that pass. I demand that he makes that pass. It is my right as a fan. If he can't...find someone who can. That was poor effort.

Emmitt Smith was very good today and I hope some of you will credit the same offensive line that has been being bashed relentlessly in here. Just like...here it comes...I give Quincy some credit for a decent game.

Quincy is still missing the best reads. Campo says it, Coslet says it...blah blah blah. He makes a great number of dump off passes and that is great because it inflates his completion percentage and his QB rating. The yards after the catch are quite high which also inflates his numbers. Still, he makes those dumps with great consistency. But, until today, he ahsn't shown that he can hit those 8-15 yarders. Today he hit them and the running game ultimately benefitted from it. The Giant defense couldn't stick up 8 man fronts...they had to play the linebackers back to cover those routes...ergo...Emmitt made some nice runs.

I love beer.

What is up with the turf? I was paying a lot of attention on Quincy early and picked up on his stumbles, but damn...a lot of guys were tripping out there. Quincy definitely gets a pass on that issue. He tripped in the first quarter and missed a crucial first down. If Jerry Jones doesn't see that potentially affected the game than I need someone to volunteer to put their foot up his rear. That has to be fixed.

Galloway is a warrior.

Baylor's Kelvin Garmon made an enormous block on the Emmitt touchdown run. Greatness.

The defense was sporadic today. At times, they seemed a touch behind.

I love beer.

I think Whelan (sp?) has a nice career ahead of him.

The guys from the Ticket are hardly on the money when it comes to ranking players.

Campo should be fined for his effort today. Bad call on the punt. Bad call on a lot of things for him today.

Why did Coslet/Campo line Quincy up on the fourth down in the second quarter wiht no backs? What happened there? Quincy had no chance to do anything but get sacked. (No, I do not fault him after watching the play over---totally a coaching screw up)

That's all for now....I got a lot of work done today and my head hurts too much to think. When I think it makes my head hurt. I think I'll have a beer. Ouch.

Drbio is offline   Reply With Quote