View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:11 PM   #14
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by jthig32
I could be wrong, but I don't think your laptop not recognizing it as a drive and not assigning it a drive letter has anything to do with whether it's formatted or not. I've had problems arise with flashdirves that are working fine but for whatever reason the OS won't establish it as a drive.

I would try the detect new hardware like ninkobei said.

Also, after you plug it in you should go to Disk Management (assuming this is windows) and see if it has it listed there as unformatted/unpartitioned disk space.
Did go to disk management and it was not detected. Could be a bad adapter but I'm going to investigate some of the USB settings and also make sure I have a formatted drive to stick inthe adapter.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’

Last edited by dude1394; 08-01-2007 at 01:12 PM.
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote