View Single Post
Old 08-01-2007, 01:14 PM   #15
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninkobei
ohh, sorry I misread your original post. So your Laptop isnt recognizing the USB drive ey? hmm, I dont know why it would do that. and I dont know why a desktop would be a better place to format it than your laptop...unless maybe the drive is bad. I guess you've tried plugging it in and using the "detect new hardware" settings. And did your drive come with a drivers disk? that seems unusual to me but maybe it needs them.

edit: the "USB" enclosure means its an external hard drive correct? or is it just a regular hard drive inside a USB connector thingy. Another thought might be that maybe your Laptop's usb ports cant get enough power to the hard drive. if you could, try plugging the usb into a desktop maybe it will give out some more juice.
It's a regular HDD inside a USB connector thingy.

I made sure the adapter has a seperate power-wart so power isn't an issue with it.

I'll do some more stuff tonight.

The reason that I was talking about laptop versus desktop is that I could open up a desktop and connect it directly to the IDE cable. Then I KNOW I could format it.

But the USB adapter mucks things up.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote