View Single Post
Old 09-06-2007, 10:09 PM   #16
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flacolaco
Yeah that's a good way to stir up a little ill will in the locker room.

4th and inches...."I don't think you can do it guys, lets punt"
Good point. I hadn't even thought about that angle, I was just so busy being pissed at the "sports fan" angle.

Interestingly, I have always believed that the infamous 4th-and-1 in Philadelphia in 1995 (are you old enough to know this one, Flaco?) actually spurred that team on the rest of the season. Switzer didn't just go for it on 4th-and-1, he ran the SAME damn play he had run on 3rd-and-1. (Or maybe Zampese or whever called the play, I don't know, doesn't matter.) Anyway, everyone grilled him for the call, how stupid it was. But you know what? That team didn't lose another game. Switzer was, of course, a players' coach, and maybe it was a smart thing to put it in the players' hands that game. I, for one, thought it was incredibly ballsy, and that's part of the reason why I love Switzer.

Of course, in this case, the Saints punted it to the Colts, who summarily scored a quick touchdown on their pumpkin ass. Geez. That's hardly a way to win a game. Inches from a first down, let's kick it to an offense that has beaten us all over the field tonight.

Don't get me started on bad decisions that NFL coaches make. They have no good grasp of probability.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote