Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 10:32 PM   #444
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
Losing THJ? No. Adding Westbrook? Yes. The dude is fucking cancer.

I consider that basically punting an entire season- sacrificing an entire year of Luka's career in the (ridiculous) hope that we can attract free agents in the future- because you know, the Mavs have such a great track record attracting free agents.
Well I mean we can't blame Nico and co. for this teams past sins because they weren't here for it. So we really don't know that this group can't bring in free agents.

But let's not kid ourselves here. Free agents go where the money is and where the relationship is. We've failed in the past because Dirk was our superstar and he wasn't in the "in" with the best players in the league. And Luka may be in the same boat but the Nico hiring was suppose to even things out a bit in regards to player relationship.

I'm not a big Westbrook fan myself...but if you're telling me for Powell and Hardway I could get Westbrook? I'd do it. But its more about trusting in Kidd than it is Westbrook. In regards to our talk earlier about Dragic...I think Westbrook actually offers some things in rebounding and defense and the ability to attack the paint that we don't have. He's getting the blame for the Lakers lack of success last year but it really wasn't his fault. He keeps getting in these piss poor situations with teams and now he has the reputation of a cancer.....
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote