Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 10:44 PM   #449
Dtownsfinest
Diamond Member

Dtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant futureDtownsfinest has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thespiralgoeson View Post
I don't think it's any of those things. I think it's just the simple fact that there are three cities in all of America that NBA players actually want to go do, and Dallas isn't one of them. New York, LA, and Miami. I suppose you could add San Francisco/bay area to that list now because the Warriors are the glamor team of the current era. But that's it. No owner, GM, coach, or star player will ever change that.

I dunno, I'll admit that I didn't watch that much of the Lakers last year, but I've watched most of his career, and the guy just doesn't get it. I'd rather take my chances with Dragic and whatever else we can find on the scrap heap.
Who's fighting to go to New York? When's the last time they snagged a big time free agent? Amare Stoudmire? Or are we going to call Julius Randle that? I don't buy the city thing because nobody can convince me that a player wouldn't want to play in Dallas with Cuban as a owner and the lack of state tax.

Westbrook is a flawed player. No doubt. Hell he would be far from the type guy I'd want because he's at his best with the ball in his hands and I'm not taking the ball out of Luka's hands for him. BUT, the guy can still rebound and defense. Solid passer as well. If he could buy in to being a role player and coming off the bench as a 6th man I'd be all for him coming here. I don't think that's the case sadly. But if they were to up and trade for him I wouldn't be against it for the right deal.
Dtownsfinest is offline   Reply With Quote