Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 06-28-2022, 10:59 PM   #453
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dtownsfinest View Post
Who's fighting to go to New York? When's the last time they snagged a big time free agent? Amare Stoudmire? Or are we going to call Julius Randle that?
I mean, we're having this conversation because our 2nd best player is going to New York. And it's only because of Dolan's perpetual incompetence that the Knicks aren't immensely more successful. They damn near landed all three of Lebron, Wade, and Bosh in 2010, but supposedly Dolan blew the meeting. Trust me, if Dolan ever sold the team, they would immediately become THE favored destination for free agents, just like the Clippers did the moment Sterling was forced to sell.

And remember, New York has two teams. The Nets in their short time since moving to Brooklyn have a pretty successful track record attracting free agents.

Quote:
I don't buy the city thing because nobody can convince me that a player wouldn't want to play in Dallas with Cuban as a owner and the lack of state tax.
Are we sure Cuban isn't more of a deterrent than an attraction at this point?

And you don't buy the city thing? Do you really not notice the Lakers, Clippers, Nets, and Heat getting every free agent, or every disgruntled star forcing a trade there?

I hope you're right and I'm wrong. I desperately do. But I won't believe Dallas is an attractive free agent destination until I see us make even ONE noteworthy signing. We have been passed over again and again and again, and I don't think it'd because Dirk wasn't one of the "in" players.

Last edited by Thespiralgoeson; 06-28-2022 at 11:04 PM.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote