Thread: Lance Armstrong
View Single Post
Old 07-09-2001, 10:29 PM   #21
Fidel
Diamond Member

Fidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to beholdFidel is a splendid one to behold

Ok it´s pretty simple.
Europeans grow up watching Soccer, Americans grow up watching baseball. Most of the Europeans don´t understand baseball, they know nothing about the history of the sport, backgrounds, players,legends etc. So they find it boring as hell. I know a thing or two about baseball and I love that sport (unfortunately it´s not covered pretty well over here).
Now when most Americans watch a game of Soccer, which like Baseball isn´t always as flashy as Basketball or Football, they know nothing about the sport, it´s backgrounds, traditions, legends etc. They have just no emotional relationhip with soccer. So it´boring for them to watch it. Speaking about Soccer an emotional relationship and a deep understanding of tactics and technique of the game is needed to enjoy it. I think it´s just the same with baseball, and so it´s obvious why most Europeans don´t like Baseball and most Americans don´t like Soccer. But Soccer is a simple game (regarding the rules) so I think it will get more and more fans in Asia and North America.
Fidel is offline   Reply With Quote