View Single Post
Old 07-13-2010, 02:29 PM   #54
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcat075 View Post
Yeah, certainly he's not the player that the Mavericks were trying to obtain with Dampier, but he is an upgrade while we are waiting for the trade deadline to acquire that player we really want.

And we've acquired two back up centers, and between the two we're hoping that they can lock down the backup 5 when Chandler is traded, if a center isn't acquired in the deal.

And let's not forget we saved a lot of money getting rid of Najera and Carroll, AND grabbed a trade exception.

Lots of things going on in this deal, and I think it might just pan out. This is dependent on someone being acquired at the trade deadline, but I still have my hopes up real high.
Agree 100% with this post.

We lived to fight another day with this deal, whereas someone like Jefferson would have been an all-in move that would either make or break the team (and does anyone REALLY think he would have put us over the top? Cuban doesn't and neither do I...)

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote