View Single Post
Old 03-13-2006, 11:26 AM   #16
kg_veteran
Old School Balla

kg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond reputekg_veteran has a reputation beyond repute

I was watching the end of the Rockets/Spurs game, and in my estimation neither dunk was Yao's fault.

The Finley dunk was a really nice play by Mike, but Yao was recovering over to try and help after the perimeter defender got toasted. Yao was rotating all the way from the opposite elbow, so it's ridiculous to pin that dunk on him. Finley was already in the air before Yao even got there.

As for the Ginobili dunk, what exactly is a center supposed to do? Watching that dunk several times (courtesy of ABC replaying it endlessly) you could see that Yao nearly got there and made the block, but you can't ask your center to handle Ginobili coming at him with a head of steam.

The play-by-play guy talked about Yao receiving a facial, but to me, that's ridiculous.

I'm with dude. Give me Yao.