View Single Post
Old 05-16-2007, 01:27 PM   #23
bernardos70
Diamond Member

bernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond reputebernardos70 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by chumdawg
Watching some more replays tonight...if you have four assistant coaches out in front of you, who hold you back, have you really left the vicinity of your bench?

The entire bench moved forward. Stoudemire moved more forward, because he was sitting down the bench. But no one was anywhere near close to entering the fracas.

NBA is shooting themselves in the foot by their interpretation of this rule. In doing so, they are making themselves look bad--when the whole purpose of the rule (which worked in this case, I believe) was to try to improve their image.

I just don't get it.
The only thing wrong I see here is that Duncan didn't get suspended as well. A precedent has been set for this sort of situation. David Stern didn't push those players into the court, they know what they're in for when they do that.

Suspending those two players is one step towards the NBA being more consistent. Or are we now gonna pick and choose when to apply each rule?

So once again, that Duncan didn't get suspended is the only thing one can rightfully bitch about.

EDIT: Looks like alexamenos beat me to it.

Last edited by bernardos70; 05-16-2007 at 01:29 PM.
bernardos70 is offline   Reply With Quote