View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 08:58 AM   #53
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
I don't like Ellis' game. Too limited and streaky offensively & atrocious defensively.

I'd much rather "D Up" as a team identity and bet on Wes Matthews making a full recovery. Risky and expensive (though not as expensive as it would be if he hadn't gotten injured?), but the potential offense/defense balance of a Harris, Matthews, Parsons, Aminu, Chandler line up with Dirk carrying your offensive punch off the bench is an idea I like.

Thoughts?
I think if you loose Ellis without adding a consistent 20 PPG scorer, the Mavs will struggle to score 85 PPG and will head to the lottery. Without a player capable of taking over a game offensively, teams will struggle. Folks like to point to the Spurs as a shared load team, but that's never been the case as they've always had Duncan and that's being handed over to Leonard. Look at how Atlanta struggled after the ASB and now are having trouble with the Nets. Dirk can no longer be that player. I just don't see it in Parsons. And unless we land Lamarcus Aldridge, I just don't see any other realistically available FA who can serve in that role either.