View Single Post
Old 04-27-2015, 02:58 PM   #67
Dirk's Knee

Dirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to beholdDirk's Knee is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by sike View Post
Exactly. But unless you want to pay Ellis (or endure more of his defense), Parsons as "the guy" might be the only realistic option the Mavs have to improve.

Even though I appreciate his heart, I've seen enough to know that I don't want to bet on Ellis' game to lead us anywhere.
It's not a bet on Ellis, you know exactly what you have and a good idea of the pieces to put around him to succeed. The bet is whether the current #3 option (Parsons) can be a #1 or if another teams #3 or #4 option can be a #1 and the answer to both is probably not. There is a strong case to be made for roster continuity, look around the west, how many playoff teams have more than 1 new starter from the prior year? We saw at the beginning of the year and in the last 2 games post Rondo what an offensive asset Ellis can be. Even if Ellis can't lead a team to a title, I'd rather see a Mavs team losing 130-120 in the playoffs than 90-85 heading to the lottery. And let's face it, the Mavs will never be a defensively dominate team while Dirk is still starting.