Thread: The Rant Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 12:58 PM   #23
Male30Dan
Diamond Member

Male30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond reputeMale30Dan has a reputation beyond repute

My rant you ask? I hate being a growing company that buys smaller companies with weak IT departments that I have to pull double shifts getting into shape.

I hate having to act like a nice guy all the time when I really want to say "AND YOU ARE THE #%#$%#$ NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR??? YOU SERIOUSLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO [INSERT ANY NUMBER OF THINGS] AND YOU OUTSOURCE EVERYTHING? WHY ARE YOU HERE THEN AND WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO NOW TRAIN YOU TO DO WHAT YOU WERE HIRED TO DO".

I hate having my boss swapped around like we are playing musical chairs. Just let me be the damn IT Director and run the show. It really gets old explaining things IT related to an accountant that has been deemed my boss. You are the accountant - go account. If the entire purpose of you being my boss is so I can explain, (see break down into tiny little quarter-sized terms), all of this shit to you just so you can explain it to your boss, how about we eliminate you completely and let me just explain it to the VP myself with the extra pay you earn.

Ugh...