Thread: The Rant Thread
View Single Post
Old 01-30-2008, 01:11 PM   #24
MavsX
Diamond Member

MavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond reputeMavsX has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Male26Dan
My rant you ask? I hate being a growing company that buys smaller companies with weak IT departments that I have to pull double shifts getting into shape.

I hate having to act like a nice guy all the time when I really want to say "AND YOU ARE THE #%#$%#$ NETWORK ADMINISTRATOR??? YOU SERIOUSLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO [INSERT ANY NUMBER OF THINGS] AND YOU OUTSOURCE EVERYTHING? WHY ARE YOU HERE THEN AND WHY THE HELL DO I HAVE TO NOW TRAIN YOU TO DO WHAT YOU WERE HIRED TO DO".

I hate having my boss swapped around like we are playing musical chairs. Just let me be the damn IT Director and run the show. It really gets old explaining things IT related to an accountant that has been deemed my boss. You are the accountant - go account. If the entire purpose of you being my boss is so I can explain, (see break down into tiny little quarter-sized terms), all of this shit to you just so you can explain it to your boss, how about we eliminate you completely and let me just explain it to the VP myself with the extra pay you earn.

Ugh...

Dan,

i hear you on a lot of these points. For instance, our boss is also in charge of accounting. She has worked at our company for 30 years, that when computers started being a common thing at work, she was involved because she was already working here....and now she is in charge of it, along with accounting. Keep in mind she doesn't know anything computer related..she is 60 years old! We have to draw freaking pictures for her whenever we have a meeting. I'm serious too. She told us "pictures help", and when we don't come up with a solution to a particular problem, we put it on the back burner for a future meeting. Then when the meeting happens, we have to explain everything all over again, wasting our time. Literally, we have explained lots of things to her over and over again.

from DFS namespace, to dfs-replication over many sites. To Wasp inventory tracking software. To our 10 Mb baseband ethernet over copper over the last mile.

We have to use Visio to draw a lot of crap.

Lots of times, some of the emails bounce back. We have to figure out what that means, but everytime we have to tell the recipients IT company to make this change on their ASA5510, or remove something off their exchange server filters...

f*cking politics.

EDIT: I like pictures of stuff, in fact they help. The point is we should not have to spend so much time explaining technical things to a non technical person. They just won't get it. Plus....she is old...really old. Older than Doc's balls.

Last edited by MavsX; 01-30-2008 at 01:28 PM.
MavsX is offline   Reply With Quote