Thread: Luol Deng?
View Single Post
Old 12-20-2013, 02:13 AM   #27
grndmstr_c
Diamond Member

grndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond reputegrndmstr_c has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by spreedom View Post
I have a hard time figuring out what Deng will get. I think one could make a case that he's actually better than Iguodala (though I don't necessarily believe it) so he could be getting $50M from someone. If the Cavs strike out on LeBron and whoever else they are targeting with their cap space this summer, I could see them overpaying to take Deng away from a division rival.
Yeah, it's a tough call with him. Both he and Iggy stand out on the defensive end, and are exactly the kinds of guys you want to have to match up with the LeBrons and KDs or the NBA. There are two things that to my mind put Iggy in a slightly higher pay-scale, though: 1) Depending on the make-up of the team, Iggy can be a high quality starter at either SG or SF, whereas Deng's more of a one-position guy, and 2) Iggy's a better play-maker than a lot of point guards; Deng, though he's clearly a factor on both ends of the court, doesn't have any one thing in his offensive tool box that stands out quite like Iggy's passing.