View Single Post
Old 05-02-2017, 11:00 PM   #338
Underdog

Underdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond reputeUnderdog has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
American Gods
Still haven't watched it yet... Starz reasons (seriously, an $8.99 add-on to Amazon Prime each month for 1% the amount of content I can get from Netflix for the same price??)

I'll probably wait until the first season is almost over and start bing watching it illegally, the same way I did with Better Call Saul and The Expanse... These cable networks need to come up with cheaper online a la carte solutions if they want to get my money -- this shit adds up quick! (which is probably the point; it eventually becomes cheaper just to get cable...)

For comparison:

Netflix: $10/month (Stranger Things, BoJack Horseman, Black Mirror, Master of None, The OA, Bloodline, House of Cards, Sense8, Narcos, With Bob & Dave, Daredevil/Jessica Jones/Luke Cage/Iron Fist/The Defenders)

HBO Now: $15/month (Game of Thrones, Westworld, True Detective, The Leftovers, Last Week Tonight with John Oliver, Vice Principals, Animals... Plus older shows like The Wire, The Sopranos, Flight of the Concords, Deadwood, Eastbound & Down, Band of Brothers/The Pacific, etc.)

Amazon Prime: $11/month (The Man in the High Castle) + Starz: $10/month (American Gods) = $21/month for just 2 shows??

Nah...

These days being a fan is a competition to see who can be the most upset when
your team loses. That proves you love winning more. That's how it works.

Last edited by Underdog; 05-02-2017 at 11:26 PM.
Underdog is offline   Reply With Quote