Thread: 2020 NBA Draft
View Single Post
Old 08-17-2020, 07:39 PM   #59
sefant77
Guru

sefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond reputesefant77 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by rimrocker View Post
I could see the Mavs aggressively moving up to get Vassell with both picks and maybe a future pick or two but I do think they'll dangle both picks for a proven veteran wing first.

I personally think the draft should be more about acquiring talent than focusing solely on need, especially for a young team like ours. Poku is too risky to take in the lotto but he is the type of player that teams picking in the back half of the 1st round should definitely consider taking a chance on. Poku isn't an immediate need but he is an excellent fit for our system which is something that should definitely be considered imo.
Vassell is such a classic Spurs pick, i just dont see him falling past #11 and a lot of mocks have him going to the Spurs. I also dont see any team in the #10-#17 range looking to trade down to pick up #31. All the teams either have allready multiple picks or are allready full of young player.

And i agree with the talent over need or contributor from year 1. We have eight guys under contract until at least 2022, so we are in the position to take a project. We dont need desperately a guy who is able to contribute from day one.

So yeah, Poku is my guy. Same goes with #31. Im okay with taking a risky guy over one with a limited ceiling.
sefant77 is offline   Reply With Quote