View Single Post
Old 03-07-2021, 06:11 AM   #7
mac222b
Diamond Member

mac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond reputemac222b has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas41 View Post
The Mavericks are one team interested in trading for Kevin Love, per
@ChrisFedor

They believe Love will help with their 3-point shooting and rebounding issues.

Per Chris Fedor of Cleveland.com, the Mavs are sniffing around what seems like a possible Cleveland Cavaliers’ fire sale, with Love among the targeted names.

Among the attractions: Love, in theory, would team nicely with All-Star Luka Doncic, would fix some of the problems this year’s Mavs have had with three-point shooting, and would cure some rebounding woes as well.

Fedor writes:

"A source with knowledge of the Mavericks' thinking suggested Kevin Love as a much better fit [than Andre Drummond] given the team's 3-point woes and desire to surround MVP candidate Luka Doncic with shooters. Love would also help boost Dallas' problematic defensive rebounding metrics. Still, the Mavericks have two appealing expiring contracts—Tim Hardaway Jr. ($18 million) and James Johnson ($16 million)—that would help facilitate a deal."
IF he could stay healthy, huge if, I don’t doubt that Love could improve the team. But trading Hardaway for him is a non-starter for me. They’d have to take on Powell, Johnson and give us a pick or a young player we like. He makes 30m at age 34-35. He has two more years after this one on his contract. I’d do it if they give us Garland as well.
mac222b is offline   Reply With Quote