View Single Post
Old 04-11-2023, 04:34 PM   #187
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by saclare View Post
I can't understand for the life of me why y'all take Daddy Brunson's word and run with it as the end all truth. Oh, but Tim MacMahon said the same...oof.

Don't mistake me for defending the FO, either. This is squarely on their shoulders and their problem to fix. Dwelling on he said she said shit with Brunson is beyond tiring at this point. They fucked it up, no on is defending them on it. But to state, as truth, that Brunson would have signed here if given the opportunity is straight garbage. He never gave them the chance. I don't care for what reason or the other, Mavs never got the meeting after Knicks to counter. Pretty sure everyone has stated that now.
Theres no reason to meet if youre not going to match the knicks number. mavs line was fvv money, that was reported. the knicks number was also reported. Its very easy to relay a message that youre willing to pay market value prior to a meeting.

Once it was clear the mavs werent matching, theres no reason to meet. Cuban has changed his story multiple times, which is why I dont believe him.