View Single Post
Old 07-23-2021, 10:21 PM   #1976
Melonhead
Guru

Melonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond reputeMelonhead has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevinHarriswillstart View Post
I guess my question is this...

Do we have a better shot at the other FAs versus signing Kawhi? Like, I get that it's a ridiculous long shot, but I'm not really sure we have better chances at Derozan or Norman Powell types. I actually think we are in the best position to pitch a big time FA than we have been in a long time. And we nearly beat the team that, with a healthy Leonard, would likely have gone all the way. And this is the last time we will have cap space once Luka's supermax kicks in.

Again, I don't think our chances our high with Leonard, but I don't think they are high with any of the known names either.
Yeah I really believe there are free agents we have a better shot with than Kawhi. But if we’re gonna end up with nothing again, might as well keep doing the same thing the Mavs have always done: go with the most unattainable and still end up with nothing. Don’t see how anyone could not be exhausted by this same story over and over.