View Single Post
Old 03-20-2009, 10:54 PM   #245
Flacolaco
Rooting for the laundry

Flacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond reputeFlacolaco has a reputation beyond repute

-I thought they relied too heavily on "The Divine" to explain things. Mainly, "inner Six" and what Kara was. I mean come on...if God was guiding Baltar, I have to think he'd do a better frakking job than that.

-Again...Kara deserved a better explanation. The song just sort of coming to her like it did would have meant more if she had been...well, real. And her hallucinations/visions of her father...She's an angel...the angel was having hallucinations?

-I'm glad Hera was important. Those notes she drew pointed them where they needed to go...where we always thought they were going.

-The Opera house dream. I don't think they had that all worked out 3 or 4 years ago, but I give them a lot of credit for making it work. The final five on the balcony...Hera being delivered to the CIC where she could help in ending things...that was pretty clever.

-Cavil shot himself because what, huh? He was about to die anyway. I think they under-used that character. I really like that actor. He was quite deliciously evil.

-Like that Boomer got killed.

-Liked when the sh!t hit the fan with Tory and Tyrol. Love that he killed her. I never liked her.

-Anders...that poor dude never got out of the tub. Must have been kind of a bummer for that actor.

-The character that is Apollo got shafted a little.

-Again....the thing at the end was just horrible. Much like the last Harry Potter book, I'm going to remember it as ending one chapter earlier than it did. When I re-watch this, I'm stopping it with Adama and Hera looking up at the sky. 150,000 years later was completely unnecessary.

-The stuff with the Old Man and Roslin was sad. It was. My wife was crying. It was kind of beautiful, though. Even if it was a little cheesy that she just barely made it there before dying. If any two people deserved to see the end, and what they accomplished, it was those two.

-So, we're all part Cylon?

Just found something. I think you'll all want to read this: http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/sc...e-got-answers/

Quote:
Moore: Kara is what you want her to be. It’s easy to put the label on her of “angel” or “messenger of God” or something like that. Kara Thrace died and was resurrected and came back and took the people to their final end. That was her role, her destiny in the show… We debated back and forth in the writers’ room about giving it more clarity and saying definitively what she is. We decided that the more you try to put a name on it, the less interesting it became, and we just decided this was the most interesting way for her to go out, with her just disappearing and [leave people wondering exactly what she was].

Last edited by Flacolaco; 03-20-2009 at 11:02 PM.
Flacolaco is offline   Reply With Quote