Thread: Now what?
View Single Post
Old 09-17-2022, 11:27 PM   #1517
DevinHarriswillstart
Guru

DevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond reputeDevinHarriswillstart has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustJay View Post
When you tell people what they don't want to hear, they'll do anything to fight with you, that applies to anything in life.
Nuance is a lovely thing in life, and I mean that sincerely. Mavs started off last season as total garbage and were one of the best teams in the second half.

I think the important thing is to focus on what the FO and coaching staff are going for. Brunson will be an addition by subtraction on defense as the team will be very big now. That will almost certainly translate to better defense AND rebounding especially with the additions of Wood (his rebounding, not his D) and McGee. We do forget how bad the rebounding was. Fixing that alone would be a big step in the right direction.

So it's basically a design of Luka/Spencer running everything and a stalwart defensive surrounding them. Add in THJ and Wood for offense, and there is little to panic about. Just gotta get another handler.

I feel that this has to be their strategy because, as you said, stars/players aren't coming to play here. So you have to do something creative to make the team a contender in a different way. Worked last season. It'll just be different with a bigger lineup now and Wood's production replacing Brunson's.

DevinHarriswillstart is offline   Reply With Quote