Thread: Kill Bill
View Single Post
Old 07-20-2005, 01:20 AM   #46
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Kill Bill

Quote:
Originally posted by: Ninkobei
Great idea spiral. Send QT to Disney and ask him to direct the next Pocahontas. I smell an Oscar..
Never said anything about Disney... I'd just like to see him write something that's not about criminal underworld... Is that so unreasonable? I never said it couldn't be voilent and/or adult-oriented. Take my favorite director, Oliver Stone, for example. Platoon (a Vietnamn epic) JFK (conspiracy mystery thriller) Nixon (biographic epic) Any Given Sunday (football action/drama) Natural Born Killers (indescribeable... pushes the limits of cinematic art) Alexander... Now, you don't have to like his movies, and indeed many people don't. The point is, he mixes it up. He always used many of the same techniques and style, so you can tell it's one of his films, but they're all vastly different. Tarantino on the other hand, tends to get very repeatative. Granted, Kill Bill was certainly radically different from Pulp Fiction, Reservoir Dogs or Jackie Brown, but it still had a similar premise. I'd just like to see him try something i haven't see him do before.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote