View Single Post
Old 03-16-2021, 12:53 PM   #1827
Dallas41
Diamond Member

Dallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud ofDallas41 has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMC0007 View Post
No, obviously not 100% okay with the team, but my bet is that Cuban feels like this team is closer to a contender than they really are. I'd say he is more like 90% okay with this team. He is also probably like many of us fans that when we get on a streak and "we're contenders" then hit a slump and "we suck" and Donnie and Rick have to put him back in neutral.

Are we in a rough position to make a trade though? No other team wants 18M THJ contract falling off the books, or 16M from JJ falling off?

I don't think there will be a move made either and if so it will be for a lack of trying. Whether it's justified in some way or not, I can't see them being aggressive in improving the team, but I can see them holding out hope that someone calls them and offers more than what some of our availables are worth. Unless we call that trying.
Sounds like to me that Cuban is content with the roster unless a STAR player becomes available.

Mark Cuban: “Unless it’s a game-changing star, I don’t see us doing anything at all. So, if someone decides they’re blowing it up OK, then we’ll talk to anybody about any great player.

I personally feel as if a guy like Arron Gordon improves this team big time on the defensive end or Drummond solves the rebounding issues.

But those aren't STAR players so I'm guessing the Mavs won't bother with them....

They have Luka and KP seems like they would still try to upgrade by at least getting another quality starter if he's not a STAR player.
Dallas41 is offline   Reply With Quote