Thread: Mike Bibby?
View Single Post
Old 06-03-2005, 06:22 PM   #15
Thespiralgoeson
Guru

Thespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond reputeThespiralgoeson has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Mike Bibby?

Quote:
Originally posted by: Arne
"And personally, I don't think Bibby would be a significant upgrade over JET. Jet has gotten so much flack for not being a "true" point guard, but frankly the guy isn't any less of a point guard than guys like Bibby, Parker, or Chauncey Billups."

That's bloody hilarious...

With Chauncey Billups as our PG we would be in the damn conference-finals by now. He knows when to push the ball, when to shoot and when to pass. That's what a true point guard is all about. It's not about the f'ing stats. Watch him, just watch him...

And what should Bibby get, from having a good passer in his team? I know, his assists should go down. So what if you put im in here, I think he would get a lot more assists.

If you want to only see the stats, then here you go:

Terry in a Team that averaged 106 PPG in the playoffs: 4.6 Ast/2.43 Turnovers/17.5 Pts (which doesn't really matter if you're searching for the better true point guard)

Billups in a team that averaged only 92 PPG in the playoffs: 6.4 Ast/2.4 Turnovers/18.3 Pts.

Bibby in a team that averaged the same number of points during the playoffs, as the Mavericks: 6.6 Ast2.6 Turnovers/19.6
Hey, why don't you try actually reading my post before you dish out a rude reply like that. "It's not about the f'ing stats." Where the f*ck did I say anything about stats? We all agree that JET doesn't push the ball when he should, but that's not the main reason Jet struggled at point:

Quote:
originally posted byThespiralgoeson
This team and it's fans were simply used to having Steve Nash. That's why we had such problems at point this year; not because Terry is a bad point guard, but because we still had Nellie's overly-complicated offense.
That's the real reason Terry struggled. Yet you completely left that out. Stats? I never said a f*cking thing about stats. You completely mangled my post and put words in my mouth. If Bibby or Billups were put into Nellie's ridiculously complicated offense, and had spent their careers in Atlanta, having never been expected to be an actual point guard, I guarantee you, they would struggle too.

Quote:
P.S.: Your best passing Center of the league averaged 3.2 Asts during the playoffs, while Dirk Nowitzki had 3.3...
Uh, last I heard, Dirk was a power forward. Can you name a better passing center than Miller? Most centers are horrible passers. The list becomes even shorter when you're talking about the playoffs. The only other two centers who can pass anywhere near as well as Miller are Shaq and Yao.

Quote:
And what should Bibby get, from having a good passer in his team? I know, his assists should go down. So what if you put im in here, I think he would get a lot more assists.
Why would having a good passer on his team hurt his assist total? Having C-Webb and Vlade never hurt his assist numbers.

Quote:
originally posted byThespiralgoeson
Bibby has always had scorers around him, and the Kings have never had a really complicated offense, although it was very unique and very potent.
I never said that Bibby got anything from having good passers. I said that having two great passing big men is what made the KINGS special, not Bibby himself. I have no problem with people disagreeing with me, but when you put words in my mouth like that, that pisses me off.
Thespiralgoeson is offline   Reply With Quote