View Single Post
Old 10-15-2008, 11:39 AM   #83
mcsluggo
Golden Member

mcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant futuremcsluggo has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by u2sarajevo
The "wealth" that Jesus spread had no monetary value.

Well, scratch that, it was and still is priceless.

He also doesn't preclude you from it if you make more than 250K.
"...I tell you the truth, it is hard for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven. Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle than for a rich man to enter the kingdom of God."

no, he doesn't preclude it.

I honestly just don't get where this original post generates all this rage. You people try to view EVERYTHING in such stark and black and white terms. There is a pretty big difference between

"spread the wealth"

and

"take all the money from everyone who works hard so that the lazy can sit on their asses and smoke crack and everyone will be exactly the same"

BOTH candidates are proposing at this time tax changes that REDUCE overall tax burden (so there are no new entitlements implied) it is just a mater of basically how the existing $x of revenue is gathered.
mcsluggo is offline   Reply With Quote