View Single Post
Old 11-19-2009, 10:49 AM   #60
Dirkenstien
Diamond Member

Dirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant futureDirkenstien has a brilliant future

It's always fun to go back and read through the daily dime discussions live recap. I decided to pick everything out that mentioned Robo:

Timothy Varner (48MoH/TrueHoop Network):
At last summer's pre-draft camp in Chicago I spoke at length with Roddy Buckets. He was incredibly soft spoke. I left thinking he lacked confidence. And I was wrong. Looks like the Mavs found a good player.

Tim MacMahon (ESPNDallas):
@Timothy -- Beaubois lacks confidence in his English, not his game.

@Tim, no doubt. The thing I liked about him was how passionate he sounded about playing D. Looks like that translates just fine.

Roddy Buckets in the last three-plus games as a starter: 41 points on 65-percent shooting in 65 minutes.

STEIN_LINE_HQ:
I also feel personally ripped off that Parker can't go tonight because I want to see TP and Beaubois on the floor together. Racing

STEIN_LINE_HQ:
Popovich expert pre-game analysis on Beaubois: "He's a hell of a lot faster than you are."

Beabouis looks like Dallas' future point.

Beabouis might be the fastest player in the league.

@Justin: Without Ginobili or Parker, the Spurs want to keep the scoring low. Control the pace, slow Roddy Buckets, gring it out in the half court.

George Hill is trying to get in on the promising young point talk. Roddy Buckets stole all his press in the first half.

Carlisle is still hesitant to give Beaubois clutch PT. He sat the whole fourth quarter in Milwaukee ... then shut down Brandon Jennings in OT.

''Nowitzki'' is a German word that, translated, means, ''Good Lord, doesn't this guy ever miss?''

-Miami paper on Dirk Nowitzki
Dirkenstien is offline   Reply With Quote