View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 02:28 AM   #19
chumdawg
Guru

chumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond reputechumdawg has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by FINtastic View Post
I have a hard time believing that David Robinson should get the nod over Hakeem when Hakeem completely destroyed Robinson in their head-to-head matchup during the WCFs in Robinson's MVP year.
The bigger issue may be Hakeem getting the nod over Duncan. Hakeem was certainly a threat in his day. I remember it well, in his early going. But he probably wasn't any bigger threat than Dwight Howard is today. In fact, I'm pretty sure he wasn't. Our '88 team beat those Rockets pretty handily in the first round. Just like Howard keeps losing in his early going.

There are many folks who believe that the Rockets don't get that second ring if they don't go and add Clyde Drexler. I'm inclined to agree. I'm not trying to knock Hakeem. But I'm just saying that putting him in the top ten of all time is probably overdoing it. In other words, I wouldn't have him there if/when I make my own list. Good player, good foundation of two championship teams, but probably not any different than Dwight Howard is today.
chumdawg is offline   Reply With Quote