View Single Post
Old 06-19-2011, 06:13 PM   #25
CadBane
Banned

CadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond reputeCadBane has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
He sorta set the early standard for the pass-first point guard, won an MVP, 13x All-Star, and six championships...so I gotta put him in there.

Side note, I went and looked at these guys efficiencies, and Baylor's was just sick. You could maybe argue he should be even higher than he is.
Baylor was a scoring machine, for sure. But his career FG% is only 43%. I know that's obviously skewed, because guys shot lower percentages in that era, but still. The main reason I keep Baylor out of the Top 25 is that he never won an MVP, or a ring. To have neither, it's tough to make that cut. The only guy on either of our Top 25s with neither is Stockton. Also, while Baylor was an absolute beast in his early playoff years, he was very mediocre in his 30s with L.A.

As for Cousy, he shot 38% for his career (again, percentages are lower, but still). He led the league in assists 8 years, but that's no more impressive than Stockton. Also, his numbers actually go down in the playoffs. The 6 rings are impressive, but somewhat less s because there were only EIGHT teams! That's the big thing that irks me about rings from that period. You got a 1/8 shot, lol.
CadBane is offline   Reply With Quote