View Single Post
Old 06-20-2011, 05:12 PM   #40
SeriousSummer
Golden Member

SeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant futureSeriousSummer has a brilliant future

Quote:
Originally Posted by CadBane View Post
^^Good list, but IMO you are REALLY overrating the Big O and Reggie Miller.
I'll give you Reggie Miller--he only really strikes me as one of 20-25 players that you can argue slides into the last couple of slots.

But the big O was incredible. I only remember him from playing with Milwaukee--and that's like knowing Jason Kidd only from the time he played with the Mavs. He averaged a triple double in 1961-1962 and just missed doing so in 1963-1964. He was a great scorer and shot .485 during a time when shooting percentages were much lower. Oscar was an excellent defender. He was on the 1971 Milwaukee Bucks NBA champions and the finals team in 1974 when the Bucks lost a seven game series.

But besides all that, my memory of the Big O is that even in his final years he had the same impact on controlling the game that Jason Kidd does, but Oscar was a much better defender and a better scorer. I don't remember O from the 1960s, but even watching him in his 14th year in the league, you could see what he must have been like when he was younger.
SeriousSummer is offline   Reply With Quote