View Single Post
Old 02-15-2004, 06:21 PM   #16
TheBaron

TheBaron is on a distinguished road
Default RE:Erica Lubarsky - come back

I dont mean to rekindle any fires here because I only joined about a week ago but when controversy arises it is best to look at the community standards for the website. I learned that from seven years of experience maintaining and updating the forums for the company I work for.

It pisses me off whenever someone pretends to be a moderator, but until I added "do not pretend or emulate maintenance workers or system administrator rules in the user agreement I didn't do anything about it because the poster wasn't violating any standard unless they were trying to collect passwords or herass other customers. There is nothing about this on the Standards Page so officially EricaLubarsky did not violate any standards by pretending to be a moderator.

In the short time I've been watching and participating in this site, EricaLubarsky possibly violated two standards

Quote:
We’re a community with quality standards and we expect our members to make a sincere effort to contribute their thoughts on interesting subjects in a meaningful and respectful manner.
which is a blanket standard very much up to moderator interpretation

and there were times on the gameday thread that were bordering on violating this standard
Quote:
We require our members to show respect for others. Respecting their person, their time and their opinions – even if you disagree with them
I only saw what was posted here and what was in the gameday thread and I didn't see any evidence of herassment (as defined by this) from Erica but I did see it from MavKikiNYC.

Quote:
Respectfulness – We require our members to show respect for others. Respecting their person, their time and their opinions – even if you disagree with them. Respect also includes respecting the right of Dallas-Mavs.com administrators and moderators to make judgments and enforce these Community Standards.
Quote:
Harassment -- Harassment occurs when a member insults, attacks, and denigrates another member at any time. Even though we realize that sports discussions can get intense, we have zero tolerance for taking an argument about a sports topic to a personal level. For instance, the use of terms such as "idiot, moron, stupid" and other derogatory terms constitutes harassment.
The posts by MavKikiNYC that were repeated by EricaLubarsky in her final post and in the post that Max Power brought up here, if truthful are a violation of those community standards.

Oh boy!
TheBaron is offline   Reply With Quote