View Single Post
Old 08-06-2004, 03:36 PM   #51
FilthyFinMavs
Diamond Member

FilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the roughFilthyFinMavs is a jewel in the rough
Default RE:Stojakovic Asks Kings to Trade Him

Quote:
Originally posted by: seal614
You guys that make your arguments for Peja using stats. His stats would be NOWHERE near 24ppg and 6rpg if he came to the mavs.

"He's a great shooter and 'gets some steals' " wtf is that??

Isn't Dirk a good enough shooter for the Mavericks? Finley is also an excellent perimeter shooter, Nash had them all beat but MOVING ON... The Mavericks need DEFENSE and TOUGHNESS. They do not need "some steals".

FilthyFin ^ I'm with you. I'd take Tayshaun in a heartbeat over Peja. Ron would also be an easy nod over Peja. Shawn Marion is an excellent talent, but I don't know if he's a clear nod over Peja... at least for the Mavs.

Peja Stojakovic is a scorer...

That is all! Those 6 rebounds fall into his hands when guys like Chris Webber ride the pine all year. And being 6'10" probably means that 1 offensive board per game SHOWS YOUR LACK OF INSIDE TOUGHNESS. I mean honestly, if it were up to some of the people on this board your starting 5 would consist of any of the following

Ray Allen
Peja Stojakovic
Reggie Miller
Steve Nash
Dirk Nowitzki
Fred Hoiberg

and if they were still playing/alive

Maravich
Bird
Kerr
Mullin

Does anybody see the similarities? Oh yeah and there isn't a center in the mix either hmmm.

The Dallas Mavericks do not need Peja. Personally I wouldn't give up Josh Howard in a deal for him: which some ppl proposed.

And is it just me, or are RealGM's stats a bit dated? Peja 8.6ppg???

- Brian

Wow. It's funny you brought up Josh Howard because that's a guy I wanted to bring up but I didn't because I didn't think anyone would understand. It's clear that Peja is better than the above but the guys like Josh, Marion, Artest etc. fill needs. They make the Mavs a better team. Peja helps us average more points a game and give up even more.

[img]i/expressions/anim_laugh.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/anim_roller.gif[/img] @ "He's a great shooter and 'gets some steals' "

I missed that earlier but now that I read it I get a good laugh out of it.

1996-2005
FilthyFinMavs is offline   Reply With Quote