View Single Post
Old 01-18-2004, 09:38 AM   #7
Richard

Richard is on a distinguished road
Default RE:what do you think about this?

Quote:
Originally posted by: mavsman221
in my opinion our troubles are based around antoine walker. by this point the only way we can win is if we share the ball and we aren't clumsy like a guy i know named antoine walker. he shoots the lowest shooting precentage out of our top 5 players. has shot the most too. hes shot 263-631 . obviously we should trade him. i think we should trade him for elton brand on the clippers. look at elton brands stats. he doesnt shoot alot but gets alot of points and has a high shooting percentage. 158 - 293. averages 19.0 points per game 12 rebounds per game 3.3 assists per game, 2.26 blocks per game, 7.26 free throw percentage, 53 percent. antoine walkers 42 percent shooting, 263-631, .520 free throw percentage, 9.60 rebounds per game, 5.2 assists per game, .40 blocks per game. i think i got a good point here. the better percentages and statistics keep going on and on for elton brand. i say we trade antoine wlaker for elton brand. and throw in a few other people for him. and also get a good guard bacjk like nick van exel. but no matteer waht keep jamison. jamsion palys smart and he shrea the ball. if we traded him for rasheed wallace it woudl bring trouble because of his attitude. respomnd with your thoughts.
Remeber, Clips, sterling, money. Sterling was able to get Brand re-signed pretty long term for relatively cheap money. And, unlike the vast majority of players in the NBA Brand is willing to stay there awhile voluntarily. No way do they trade him for a guy who isn't cheap and can bolt in, what, another year?

But, I'm with you, I'd LOVE to have Brand. Just don't see much realistically that gets that done.

Richard is offline   Reply With Quote