View Single Post
Old 01-03-2005, 10:14 PM   #19
Murphy3
Guru

Murphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond reputeMurphy3 has a reputation beyond repute
Default RE:Cowboys offseason Thread

Quote:
Originally posted by: dirno2000
I'd prioritize our needs as follows:

1) Defensive End
2) Defensive Tackle
3) Offensive Tackle
4) Cornerback
5) Wide Receiver
6) Safety
6) Linebacker
7) Power Running Back

That being said, I'd take the best player available with our 1st pick. If you think Derrick Johnson is the next Mike Singletary, you have to take him. To steal a phrase from Bill, our defense is sorely lacking catalytic players. That’s whey they don’t create turnovers, even when they were the “no1 ranked defense”.

In my mind, Braylon Edwards is the surest thing in the draft. I don’t see any way he’s on the board at eleven, but if he is, I take him without a second thought.
Nice list Dirno. I do disagree to an extent with a couple of things. One, well..this really isn't a disagreement, just a clarification...I can agree that the CB spot isn't as big of a concern for the Cowboys with the the current NFL rules and the way they are inforcing them. I can also agree that Safety isn't at the very top of the list. However, to have such huge holes at two positions in the defensive backfield, it pushes the need for a solid DB further up the list. You can cover for one player in the defensive backfield at times, but it's almost impossible to cover for two.

Two, I don't see the need for a power running back per say. I do see the need for a backup running back, but if he's a clone of Julius Jones just not quite as good then I'm happy with that. They need a good backup running back. Obviously, one with some power would be great, but I don't see the need to specifically look for the power running back. I don't see Julius Jones as a guy without power.
Murphy3 is offline   Reply With Quote