View Single Post
Old 12-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #437
dude1394
Guru

dude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond reputedude1394 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by LonghornDub View Post
Which games were people watching when they say the Mavs had a "perfectly humming engine" (and similar) before the trade? They ran up a nice record playing one of the easiest schedules in the entire league. Other than close losses to a Howard-less Rockets and Spurs team missing 2/5 starters (incl. the Finals MVP), they were virtually uncompetitive with every West playoff team they had played.

Obviously things could have improved, but it's striking to me that some apparently think, based on this evidence, that the Mavs traded away a title contender, particularly given that Brandan Wright--a one-dimensional backup--was the best player they gave up.

The ONLY argument I see against this deal is that the Mavs mostly cleaned out their tradable assets. If you'd actually rather have Wright, Crowder, and Jameer Nelson (as players, not trade assets) than Rajon Rondo....I don't know what to say.
So the mavs offense was NOT the toast of the nba world? They did not have a great functioning offense? I really must have been watching a different nba. I was reading articles on grantland breaking down our great offense, almost talking about how it was historic.

What about that is not a humming engine?

I understand the totality of crappy defense and all. But at the end of the day we did NOT have an offensive problem that i could see. If we did, educate me.
"Yankees fans who say “flags fly forever’’ are right, you never lose that. It reinforces all the good things about being a fan. ... It’s black and white. You (the Mavs) won a title. That’s it and no one can say s--- about it.’’
dude1394 is offline   Reply With Quote