View Single Post
Old 01-23-2010, 02:57 PM   #214
sp3nc3r13

sp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nicesp3nc3r13 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSMF View Post
You know whats funny? I was reading basketbawful the another night, and the guy who runs the blog over there was talking about during Mavs-Wizards Roddy played only 0.7 seconds. I've started wondering when we as Mav fans will start holding Rick Carlislie accountable. Just like last season, he gave Green minutes early in the season and Green produced. For some odd reason, Green gets buried on the bench. People begin to say Green has "Maturity issues" or "Attitude problems" or "Poor work ethic". Then in the playoffs when Howard was hurt, and Wright was in foul trouble we had to play Green. Green looked like a boy playing against men out there. If Carlislie had continued to give Green minutes he would have developed. But he didn't, and we did not hold Carlislie accountable. We all blamed Green.

Now, this season the same exact thing has happened. Beaubois was given minutes early in the season, he played quite well. He even had opposing fan bases raving about his potential. Now he is buried to the bench. And Roddy is way better than Green, and yet the same thing happened to him. I find it an insult for Carlislie to play Beaubois for 0.7 seconds. Seriously, 0.7 seconds?! Why won't Carlislie play Roddy? And why wont we as Mav fans hold him accountable? With Green it was a bit understandable, Green used to make boneheaded plays but Green could score. Scoring is the most important part of basketball. Green could and should have been used as a spark off the bench.

Beaubois clearly has better fundamentals, and better skill than Green and yet he cant play either. Beaubois showed he had range on his jumper, had athleticism and he even showed signs that he's gunna become a ball hawk in the future. Yet he cant play. It drives me nuts folks, that someone with 6'10 wingspan, shooting range and athleticism cant get off the bench. This is very frustrating...
I agree man. This is getting a bit ridiculous. I see what Carlisle is doing, shortening the rotation and putting "the best" talent out there on the floor night in night out. Also, most of our games have been close games this year. At least through 3 quarters.

This team doesn't have a legitimate 2. This is not debatable. Both Terry and Howard have been inconsistent this season to say the least.

Roddy deserves a shot. Your references to the way Gerald Green was handled last year are spot on. I think he was buried on the bench way too early in the season. Same thing has happened to Roddy.

I'm not saying he is the answer(must look to trade Howard + other parts for this)

But until this team has a legitimate 2 guard(I dont think we have since Michael Finley)...

The Mavs will not win the championship.