View Single Post
Old 03-29-2021, 07:40 PM   #20
SMC0007
Guru

SMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond reputeSMC0007 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricaLubarsky View Post
1) It's pretty hard to get a guy talked into choosing you and rejecting others. Good agents simply won't allow that and I'm not sure why a guy like Wood would go out and reject guaranteed money while spoiling his future with other teams just so he might have ended up with us. Would he say yes to the Mavs? Absolutely, but he would have also had to say no to the Rockets and potentially 3-4 other teams. For a guy trying to get his first deal after his rookie contract, he'd be stupid to go out and say that he wouldn't play for any team.

2) We couldn't talk to him without the Pistons' permission until FA season opened and once free agency opened, he was snapped up within an hour. We would have not only have had to do the impossible, but we'd also have had to do it fast.

3) I'm not sure he even was a high priority. I'm surprised so many fans here wanted him so bad. If you listen to Mavs fans, you'd think we had a shortage of starters at three different positions. I'm not sure why the Mavs would offer their entire cap to a guy that plays the position of our max player when we need a starting SG, SF, and PF that offseason.
I'm not sure anyone here wanted him so bad. I was was on him way early and then maybe 2 or 3 others as well. I didn't read anyone on Twitter wanting him either.

Again, you get talent when you can over fit IMO, especially if you can buy in low early. If it doesn't fit, then flip them for what you think is a better fit. Now basically the same guy in Collins is going to cost max money if he would even want to come here. We pushed basically the same player down the road over a year and will potentially pay double.

you just proofed how stupid you are - CRAZYBOY

Last edited by SMC0007; 03-29-2021 at 07:41 PM.
SMC0007 is online now   Reply With Quote