View Single Post
Old 12-08-2015, 08:28 PM   #23
Jack.Kerr
Golden Member

Jack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond reputeJack.Kerr has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac222b View Post
I agree with Murphy on this one. Lets tap the brakes. Porzingis looks great. Looks like a possible franchise player. Multiple all-star. Doesn't mean it's going to play out that way. And any better than Dirk talk is silly at this stage.
One comparison that I've heard made that seems legitimate (in fact, I think Dirk said something similar) is that Porzingis seems to be further along in his development as a rookie than Dirk did at a comparable point. Taking into account that for Dirk's rookie year, the NBA was coming off a labor strike and that Dirk's first year was a shortened by more than a third, it doesn't seem as far-fetched an observation.

That said, definitely makes sense to tap the brakes on comparing Porzingis' potential after 20 games to Dirk's accomplishments over 17 years.

Porzingis is interesting to watch and does have a unique physique and skill set, but how many players have come into the league promising to set the house afire only to flame out or plateau early. Porzingis has a chance to be very, very good. So sit back and enjoy watching him develop.
Jack.Kerr is offline   Reply With Quote