View Single Post
Old 09-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #22
AngieO41

AngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to beholdAngieO41 is a splendid one to behold

I haven't watched any of his shows yet, but I think I'll be able to this coming week.

Since it is Sept 11th I figure I would throw in some opinions about this. Why can't this country move on from what happened? Do we still need to call it 'Ground Zero'? The longer we call it that the longer we have to deal with the silliness of people wanting to burn Korans and making a big stink about a mosque being built. I don't understand how people can say the guy that wants to burn the Koran has every right to do so based on the 1st Amendment but a mosque can't be built two blocks from where the World Trade centers used to be. So that isn't covered under Freedom of Religion?
I think some people need to go out and befriend a muslim and actually see how REAL Muslims live. I was friends with someone close to 3 years before I ever found out he was a Muslim. You know what? He wasn't wearing a turban and walking around saying "Death to America." Shocking I know.
No, I didn't watch any tribute to 9/11 on tv because I sincerely feel that people need to move on. It doesn't mean you have to forget the people who died on that day, but we as a country need to get passed all of this and go on with our lives. Fighting against people who are crazy will get us nowhere. We are giving them EXACTLY what they want. Sometimes I wish this country would realize that we don't have to fight against people for EVERYTHING. Some things are better left alone.
AngieO41 is offline   Reply With Quote