View Single Post
Old 11-14-2007, 03:08 PM   #48
wmbwinn
Platinum Member

wmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud ofwmbwinn has much to be proud of

Quote:
Originally Posted by dude1394
Well he's top 4 ahead of diop and duncan. sounds pretty solid to me.
Dalembert had one block against the Mavs. That is why he did not particularly impress me with his defense watching the Mavs game. The Mavs won the points in the paint contest. Any team that allows Dallas to win that battle does not have a good interior defense. Points in the paint is a weakness for Dallas when we play good defensive teams.

Granted Dalembert is averaging 2.7 blocks per game. Diop also is averaging 2.7 blocks per the stats on yahoo. But, Dalembert was not an impressive defender against the Mavs to my eyes watching the game.

Diop looked like a better defender in that game. Granted, Dalembert scored 18 points and Dampier essentially fouled out fast. But, I noticed more game reel plays by Diop on defense than for Dalembert.

My analysis was a one game analysis.
"Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes...Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man." -Thomas Jefferson
wmbwinn is offline   Reply With Quote